SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) — During a White House task force briefing in early April, Dr. Anthony Fauci said black Americans are dying of coronavirus at much higher rates compared to other Americans in some major cities. Dr. Fauci said this is due in part to existing health disparities.
In an effort to provide those with the information they need, ABC7 presents, “Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation,” a virtual and interactive town hall on the impact of COVID-19 on the African American community.
The panelists included:
- Debra Gore-Mann, President and CEO of Greenlining Institute, Oakland
- Dr. Monica McLemore, RN, UCSF Associate Professor, Family Healthcare Nursing
- Pendarvis Harshaw, Author, Host of Rightnowish and columnist at KQED Arts, Oakland
- Rep. Barbara Lee, CA-13th District
- Chuck Collins, President and CEO of the YMCA of San Francisco
- Eva Patterson, President and Co-founder of Equal Justice Society, Oakland