As the year draws to a close, we at The Greenlining Institute are reminded that the work to dismantle systemic racism and to build a future filled with economic opportunity cannot, and should not, be done alone. It is thanks to all of you that the work over this past year was possible.
It is because of you that we have the audacity to envision a just world where everyone thrives.
We’ve witnessed incredible progress made through our partnerships with coalitions and communities. Together, we advanced a collective vision for a more equitable future where race is never a barrier to opportunity. Each milestone this year represents a step forward that these partnerships made possible.
Here are just a few examples of the power of coalition:
- As a proud member of the Just Recovery Network, we successfully secured a massive $3.7 billion California state budget investment in climate resilience and equity.
- Thanks to the leadership and vision of the California Reinvestment Coalition and the National Community Reinvestment Coalition, we’ve secured over $100 billion in community benefit agreements from financial institutions in 2021 alone.
- Organizations in cities like Stockton, Oakland, Pacoima, Ontario, Fresno and others have revolutionized climate action with their groundbreaking, community-led climate plans in Transformative Climate Communities across the state.
- We partnered with the City of Oakland to launch Town Link, a holistic, equity-centered program intended to close the digital divide by providing small grants to ten grassroots organizations.
- Along with the good folks at RePowerLA, we secured a utility shut-off moratorium extension and $2 billion in utility debt relief.
We’re indebted and grateful to our community of stakeholders and partners who share an unwavering commitment to racial justice and constantly propel us forward in our pursuit of racial equity.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom and challenging us to become better versions of ourselves. We’re honored to be in this fight with you.