Climate Investments Case Studies Report
Something amazing is happening in California: we’re charging polluters for the damage they cause and using that money to clean the air, save families money and bring investments and jobs to communities that need them.
To evaluate initial success of this program in assisting underserved communities, The Greenlining Institute examined 10 projects: nine already funded and one that is eligible for funding. These case studies provide an early snapshot of the Fund’s impact and suggest ways the program might be improved.
Cities in case studies:
- San Joaquin Valley
- Salinas Valley, Central Valley, Imperial County
- Montclair (San Bernardino County)
- Los Angeles
- National City (San Diego County)
These projects alone will provide:
- over 2,000 solar power systems for low-income families generating nearly six megawatts of clean power
- plant 2,250 trees in disadvantaged communities
- provide 252 homes permanently-affordable to lower income households
- create over 400 jobs
- replace 600 old, highly polluting cars and trucks with clean electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles
To read the full report report, click here.
For printer-friendly version, click here.