The Greenlining Institute seeks a highly reliable, independent, and results-driven Development Manager to help the organization meet its ambitious short-term and long-term growth targets. This position reports to Development Director and is responsible for maintaining and shepherding existing grant relationships, and growing new grant prospects for a portfolio of programs. The position will work alongside a high-achieving team consisting of the Development Director, Senior Development Manager, Senior Events Manager, Development Coordinator, and the program/policy teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and track proposals, reports and other grant materials for all foundation and corporate fundraising for a portfolio of grant relationships.
- Collaborate with program teams to develop new concepts, submit renewals and reports, and maintain funder relationships and deadlines.
- Contribute to the development of Greenlining’s annual fundraising plan.
- Represent Greenlining to external constituencies, including funders, coalition partners and community leaders.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of development systems and processes that leverage the strengths of the organization and result in greater efficiency and transparency.
- Maintain team information systems including, but not limited to, Salesforce CRM.
- Support the development and implementation of Greenlining’s major and individual donor program.
- Produce fundraising content for various outlets, including newsletters, year-end appeals and social media.
- Support the planning, logistics and coordination of fundraising events.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required;
- At least 1-3 years of experience in fundraising, including proposal writing, grant reporting, and funder cultivation, in a nonprofit setting;
- Understanding of racial advocacy issues and committed to championing causes that serve low-income and communities of color;
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, planning, and communication skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including flexibility and the ability to listen, negotiate and collaborate with various stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and be both creative and strategic when confronted with complex and multifaceted opportunities and challenges;
- A positive attitude, compassion, and strong team-oriented work ethic;
- Fluency with donor databases, ideally Salesforce.com;
- Proficient in Google Apps, Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary based on experience. Excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, vision and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, and paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of full-time employment.
Please email your resume and 1-page writing sample to email@example.com. Please write your first and last name and title of this position (“Your Name – Development Manager”). In lieu of a cover letter, please complete the Development Manager Application Form.
Application deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.