We are pleased to present to you the Greenlining Institute’s 2020 Annual Report.
In our report, Rise Up, Emerge, we reflected on the historic 2020 year and the ways communities stood up and confronted our systems of deep-seated racism. We also examined the actions that The Greenlining Team took to build a future that honors and values Black and Brown lives by design.
Collectively, The Greenlining Institute continued to make steady progress to reverse historic disinvestment in communities of color and proactively shape a more equitable future for all. Thank you to our many supporters and allies for making the following possible:
- Successfully supported a grassroots Stockton community coalition to secure a $10.8 million Transformative Climate Communities grant and leveraging millions more
- Convened over 1,300 racial justice advocates and allies for our first ever virtual Economic Summit, “We the Future”
- Launched the People of Color Small Business Network to provide culturally competent business coaching to Black-, Latinx-, and immigrant-owned small businesses in East Oakland
- Secured $5 million from the California Advanced Services Fund for 6,000 laptops or internet hotspots to close the digital divide for California students
- Graduated five new Leadership Academy Fellows to realize their goals to be effective racial equity policy change leaders
While the challenges confronting us are vast, we are energized by this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to radically reshape a more just future. Of course, we don’t do this work alone. Thank you to all of our coalition and community partners, supporters, and funders who continue to support our work to build a just economy where race is never a barrier to opportunity.