WASHINGTON – Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) will headline a March 5 summit on diversity and opportunity in the financial services sector sponsored by The Greenlining Institute. Waters, who authored the language in the Dodd-Frank financial reform law that created Offices of Minority and Women Inclusion in all of the federal financial regulatory agencies, will be joined by officials from the FDIC, SEC and other regulatory agencies along with executives from Wells Fargo, Union Bank and other prominent businesses.
The event will focus on how opening new doorways to diversity and opportunity can benefit both financial businesses and regulators, while bringing jobs and entrepreneurial opportunities to underserved communities.
WHAT: Opportunity Summit: Diversity and Fairness in the Financial Services Sector
WHO: Scheduled speakers include:
- Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.)
- Martin Gruenberg, Chairman, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Luis Aguilar, Commissioner, Securities and Exchange Commission
- Michael Strautmanis, Deputy Assistant to the President and Counselor for Strategic Engagement to White House Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett
- Derek Cantey, Senior Vice President of Corporate Supplier Diversity, Wells Fargo
- George Ramirez, Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity Executive, Union Bank
- Michael Peevey, Chairman, California Public Utilities Commission
WHERE: National Press Club, 529 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20045
WHEN: Tuesday, Mar.5, 8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
THE GREENLINING INSTITUTE
A Multi-Ethnic Public Policy, Research and Advocacy Institute