California’s utility and telecommunications companies spent $5.7 billion on contracts with minority-owned businesses (MBEs) in 2015, but this generally strong performance was distinctly uneven. Comcast, for example, did less than 10 percent of its contracting with minority-owned businesses, earning a D- for minority contracting.
Company-Specific Report Cards
- Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- San Diego Gas & Electric
- Southern California Edison
- Southern California Gas Company
Cable and Telephone
- California American Water
- California Water Service
- Golden State Water
- Park Water Company and Apple Valley Ranchos Water Company
- San Gabriel Valley Water Company
- San Jose Water Company
- Suburban Water Systems
*For information on how grades were assigned, please read page 11 on the full report.