OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA – Federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director Richard Cordray and Pacific Gas and Electric President and CEO Anthony F. Earley, Jr. will keynote The Greenlining Institute’s annual Economic Summit April 4. The unique gathering of community, business and political leaders moves to Oakland this year, previewing Greenlining’s move to its new headquarters in downtown Oakland in 2015.
NOTE: Journalists wishing to interview Mr. Cordray must send a request by 5 p.m. PST March 28 to CFPB press officer Mallory McLean at mallory.mcLean@cfpb.gov, with a copy to Bruce Mirken at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the theme, The 21st Century Majority: Empowering a New Nation, the Summit aims to connect the dots between America’s fast-evolving new economy and the demographic revolution that is reshaping our increasingly diverse nation. To view the full agenda, click here.
WHAT: The Greenlining Institute’s 21st annual Economic Summit, The 21st Century Majority: Empowering a New Nation
WHO: Confirmed speakers include
- Richard Cordray, Director, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Anthony F. Earley, Jr., President and CEO, Pacific Gas and Electric
- Catherine Sandoval, Commissioner, California Public Utilities Commission
- Jean Quan, Mayor of Oakland
- Jacqueline Rosa, Managing Director, Global Head of Supplier Diversity, JPMorgan Chase
- Dr. Sandra R. Hernández, President & CEO, California Healthcare Foundation
- David Hochschild, Commissioner, California Energy Commission
- Kevin de León, California State Senator
OTHER HIGHLIGHTS: Renderings of Greenlining’s new headquarters at 360 14th St. in Oakland, envisioned as an energy-efficient conference and nonprofit center built with minority-owned businesses hiring local employees, will be displayed; evening reception featuring awards to Oakland-based Youth Radio and Youth Uprising, with a special performance by San Francisco-based Youth Speaks.
WHEN: Friday, April 4, 2014, 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
WHERE: Oakland Marriott City Center, 1001 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
THE GREENLINING INSTITUTE
A Multi-Ethnic Public Policy, Research and Advocacy Institute