The Greenlining Institute seeks an experienced digital marketer to lead Greenlining’s online marketing strategies and manage Greenlining’s digital channels. This position reports to the Communications Director, oversees creative production across all digital platforms, and leads Greenlining’s online content management system and promotion.
About The Greenlining Institute
Founded in 1993, The Greenlining Institute envisions a nation where communities of color thrive and race is never a barrier to economic opportunity. Because people of color will be the majority of our population by 2044, America will prosper only if communities of color prosper. Greenlining advances economic opportunity and empowerment for people of color through advocacy, community and coalition building, research, and leadership development. Greenlining works to increase the health and wealth of people of color by targeting 5 major sectors of the economy: Financial Services, the Green Economy, Energy, Health, and Technology. We also train young leaders to advocate for equity and justice in their careers through our nationally recognized Leadership Academy programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures that all communications operations leverage digital communications channels
• Leads and implements strategy for all online platforms, including web, email marketing, social media, paid social media, search marketing, and search engine optimization
• Collaborates with program staff to design digital campaigns that will amplify their work in advocacy, issue awareness, and program promotion
• Ensures that online strategies are integrated with overall branding and messaging of organization or campaign
• Monitors and manages paid online advertising budget
• Analyzes and reports on digital metrics to measure impact of digital campaigns, and provides recommendations for strategy improvement
• Maintains accuracy of data on Google Analytics and setting up URL parameters for all marketed content as needed
• Ensures all our web pages are optimized for digital sharing and SEO, including link previews, thumbnails, headlines, and descriptions and works with Media Relations Director on SEO strategy
• Leads web production and customization, overseeing development of campaign websites and the organization’s webpages
• Trains and advises staff in digital media best practices
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
• Committed to championing causes that serve low income and diverse communities
• 3+ years of experience in digital communications; focus on issue advocacy or demonstrated equivalent experience preferred
• Strong writing and oral communications skills
• Strong understanding of the role of digital communications across multiple disciplines — branding, publicity, media, promotions, research
• Advanced knowledge of search engine optimization
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, Keynote, Google Docs
• Experience in email marketing platforms, social media platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, WordPress management, Google Analytics, and Google Adwords
• Experience in managing multiple projects
• A positive attitude and strong sense of teamwork
• Ability to bring creative ideas to discussions
• Ability to communicate and work with diverse audiences
• Ability to prioritize tasks, strong organizational skills, and an ability to work independently
• Detail-oriented approach
Compensation and Benefits
Salary based on experience. Excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, vision and dental insurance, matching 401(k) retirement plan, and paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of full-time employment.
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com. Feel free to include one or two samples of digital communications work as well.